Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happiness is divided into three segments pre--activity, activity, and post-activity.

ANTICIPATION: One third of the enjoyment reaped from a certain situation is anticipation. Looking forward to an event is exciting, playing around with the possibilities in your mind awards possibilities hard to glean in reality. Especially if it is a first. There is a power in firsts. I haven't ever kissed anyone and people tell it me it won’t be as a good as I imagine it to me. But that’s the thing, until I have it will be, and right now, in my mind, there are freaking fireworks

ACTUALITY: This is the part people focus on-- the doing. I am bad at planning ahead. On a Thursday I have trouble making plans for Friday, I feel I am at the time in my life that I can truly let the chips fall where they may. I am responsible to no one but me. Due to that, I chose to live as much in the moment as I can. "No Obstacles" is a game my friends and I play. We go outside pick a direction and walk that way for as long as feasibly possible. And we push "feasibly" past its dictionary definition. We shoulder each other over fences, we climb up than down the only tree in a 30 feet vicinity, we trip through streams.


RETROSPECTION: Laughter happens after the fact. It is reminiscing that side stitches and cackles come in. Rosy retrospection my AP Psych teacher called it. I love those who can tell a compelling story, I have a friend whose stories crackle with passion and even the ones that involve negative experiences cause her to sparkle. She told us about the time a dog she was pet sitting felt the call of the wild and trapped her in the bathroom slamming itself against the door over and over again. It caused shivers to run down my arms even as she laughed and laughed describing in too specific humorous detail how the dog would wind up before leaping at the door. Reliving an event can shift it into something more exciting or desirable then it ever had the capability of being in the present. The world takes on a glossy finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment