Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Based on "I cannot explain my fear"


Fear of cartoon blood. I saw an episode of the Simpsons with my dad when I was 10 there were killer dolphins, the orange people got satirically mauled and squirted red. Fear of dolphins. Fear of shots. My parents had the doctor come to our house at night and administer a shot to me in my sleep when I was 4 because I wouldn't stop screaming. He was friends with them and it was a third world country so it was legal. I had to get a tetanus shot a week ago, I began silently weeping so the nurse gave me a juice box and animal crackers. Then she made me lay down. Fear of going bald. Fear of being too cold to handle. Fear of hurting people feelings. Fear of being forgotten, because I am as unimportant as everyone else. Fear of hating my career. Fear of being no good at doing what I love. Fear of never knowing I am not good at it. Fear of the future. I think in the now. Fear of breaking other peoples belongings. Fear of appearing ditzy. I love pop culture. I know when Jennifer Aniston’s birthday is. It’s February 11th.  Fear of spending money on things I don’t need. Fear of being trampled to death by horses. Multiple horses. Fear of missing the opportune moment. Fear of myself. I know I have the power to destroy me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment