Saturday, February 8, 2014

Place- Millrace

I am not a natural runner. My body doesn't move fluidly, gracefully. I stumble and bound and bobble. I love it though or at least like it. My body is the only thing in the world that is completely mine and I enjoy knowing that I can control it. I began running regularly senior year of high school. I woke up half an hour earlier than I needed to and would run for 20 minutes before school. I liked running outside alone in the damp darkness of morning. At Goshen I found a regularity in running that was missing from the entrance into college life. My roommate showed me the Mill Race trail. She runs track and cross country and spoke trail easily. Running there did not mimic running at home. I no longer had the energy to wake early to run and in the afternoon the trail was littered with bicycles, baby strollers, and other joggers. The trail is 2.75 miles long and sticks to a canal that winds through back yards. It claims a serenity that the visitor must create.


No comments:

Post a Comment