Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Things in My Pocket


Directions for how to use colored Polaroid film: My roommate got me Polaroid film for Christmas I thought it would work the same as the sepia I had been using. I shoved the directions in my pocket without reading them. The film in fact doesn't. The first picture has a textured blue border. It looks kind of cool.
A too-large too-flashy sticker for a summer camp: I said I want to work at Rocky Mountain summer camp this summer. They said take a sticker and application anyway. I said I am not really interested in applying. They said well at least take a sticker. I didn't want to be rude.
A quarter: I never pick up change. I drop change. If a purchase ever requires coins to be returned to me I scatter them. I like the idea that it could be almost anyone who has it next but not the randomness of anyone such as handing a dollar to a store clerk and then he or she passes it on to the next costumer, the next owner of the coin owns it with purpose. It is someone who went out of their way only if by a smidgen to pick it up. This quarter was tucked into the crease of my pocket. It is now on the sidewalk outside my house.
A pocketknife: My dad got me a Swiss army knife for Christmas years ago I keep it in my backpack just in case of a Hatchet situation. In Shakespeare and Film class a couple days ago I noticed I had a repulsive amount of split ends. After class I used the tiny serrated scissors on the pocketknife to hack of the ends of my hair. Then I put it in my pocket.
A contact case: I thought there was the possibility we would stay over night afterwards. I hate being the person with contacts who has to bring things along. I want to be more go with the flow than that. Just jump in the van, my body all I need to be ready for anything. But if I did life would be blurry and that doesn't sound ideal either.

No comments:

Post a Comment